Monday, February 2, 2009

Owls, Birds and more.. Post It Note Holders..

These are the first in the series. I stamped the owl with black ink in a circle and inked the edges around it.
il_fullxfull.54902634
il_fullxfull.54902765

Even though the above owl did look good, something was missing. So I thought to try the embossing after a very long time. This time I stamped the image with pigment ink and sprinkled superfine black embossing powder over it and embossed it with the heat gun. This was the exact look I was going for - much more vibrant and the shiney effect gives the owl just the right edge. The details are not too noticable in these pictures but it looks much more live in real life. Now next step is to try the owls in different colors with different patterns :) More to come in OWL series..

IMG_0650
IMG_0655

Next are the Birds - one of my favorites and most popular after owls :) I can never have enough of these funky birds..

Birdie Post It Holder
Birdie Post It Holder

More birds with outline..

Birdie Post It Holder
Birdie Post It Holder


These and many more beautiful Post It note holders are available in my shop.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

The Owls are adorable!!

We Blog Artists said...

They're fabulous and Congrats!

Oh, and I tagged you!
Looking forward to seeing the picture!

http://weblogartists.blogspot.com/2009/02/we-were-tagged.html